How to Throw a Favorite Things Party
A group of girlfriends and I have hosted a favorite things party every few months for a couple of years now. We’ve even done a virtual/long distance version that was super fun. These parties are so simple to pull off but so much fun for everyone.
A favorite things party can be such a fun way to get to know people and bring new friends together. It’s perfect for around the holidays or to celebrate the turn of seasons.
How To PLAN a Favorite Things Party
- Choose a date and send out invites. If you are hosting with another person or two, each of you can invite a set amount of other friends.
- Ask each person attending to bring three of the same item to gift (unwrapped).
- Be sure to share the maximum amount to spend on each item. We usually stick with a $20 max per item.
- We also ask that each girl brings an appetizer to share.
On The Day of Your Party
- Have a large table or spot where everyone can place their items. This is a fun way to display all the favorite things before getting the game started.
- Each guest needs to write their name on three separate sheets of paper and placed in a bowl. These will be used later on for the actual distribution of gifts.
- After visiting and eating for a bit, have people pick a number out of a hat or bowl. This will determine the order in which people share their favorite thing.
- When it’s your turn, stand up, share your item, why you love it, etc. Draw three names out of the bowl. Those three people are the ones who get to take your favorite thing home. Repeat this for every guest until everyone has shared and received their items. *Obviously if someone draws their own name or someone’s name twice, you just draw again until you’ve given out your three items.
- We do not do a stealing round or trading around at our parties but some might choose to do so.
Favorite Things I’ve Seen Brought
- Vegetable chopper
- Primer + mascara
- Books and puzzles
- Makeup setting spray
- Hair ties
- Face sheet masks
- Dry shampoo
- Bottle of wine
- Water bottle
- Crafting tools… the options are truly endless!!
These favorite things parties are always such a hit! Everyone brings such great and different items. If you’re hosting with other friends and people invite others from various circles of life, it’s a great way to meet new people, too.
More Party Ideas
How to Host a Flower Arranging Party
Personalized Cake Topper for Any Occasion
Throw the Best Oh Twodles Birthday Party