It’s that time of year when everyone starts seeing in pink and red hearts and prepping for Valentine’s Day gifts. With my daughter being in preschool, she will have a little class party and in addition to the Valentine’s she’ll take for her classmates, I wanted to come up with something cute and simple for her teachers.
Can we just say that teachers are so underappreciated?! Gosh, I am so thankful for the educators and teachers who are speaking into Kennedy and helping her grow and learn. What a gift they are to us.
From speaking to lots of teacher friends, I have learned that gift cards are always loved and oftentimes more useful than another mug or tumblr. Here is a cute, simple, and very affordable way to elevate a gift card into an adorable teacher Valentine gift.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Gift card of your choosing*
- Cup (I think the dome lid makes it especially cute)
- Reusable straw
- Crinkle paper or tissue paper for filling
- Chocolates or another small filling
- Label or note
*I went with Starbucks because even if someone isn’t a coffee drinker, they might like hot tea, a sweet treat, or a quick breakfast some morning. Lots of options!
HOW TO PUT TOGETHER
- Start with your cup. I actually got these cups from a local coffee shop! Made sure to wipe them down at home. Hot tip: you can easily remove the logo with some acetone and a cotton ball.
- Fill your cup with crinkle paper and/or tissue paper along with any other little filler items you might have. Be sure to place your reusable straw and leave room for that as well.
- Place your gift card in the cup, making sure it’s near the outside so it is visible.
- Add a label or note to the straw using a hole punch and some ribbon.
Like this label? Download it here for free!
All in, I spent less than $10 on this teacher Valentine gift and I think it turned out darling. So much of this can be DIY including the crinkle paper (use a paper shredder or cut up strips of paper at home), repurposing a cup you might already have, using ribbon from around the house, etc. Keep it simple while making something thoughtful and special for a teacher in your family’s life!
Here is my foolproof gift-giving formula you can reuse for any occasion or holiday.