Today is a very special day in our home... it's the day that the love of my life and baby daddy was born! Michael is without question the very best part of my life and I love celebrating him more than anyone on this planet. In honor of him, and how much I love being his wife, I thought it'd be fun to share some of my favorite things about marriage. These may not be novel ideas but they are for sure some of the best parts as far as I'm concerned!
1. You have a live-in best friend and support system. Getting to share every aspect of your life with someone, good and bad, is a game changer. We walk through everything together and that means all the highs and lows are shared. Many of yall know that 2017 was a very hard year for us personally, as we walked through multiple losses. Having someone who not only understood what I was going through but who was willing to grieve alongside me was something I will never fully be able to explain. On the flip side, this year has been a complete 180 and provided us with some of the biggest joys and highs of life so far. We're now getting to celebrate these things together, which makes it all the more sweet.
2. Having a leader of our household. As believers and an overall pretty traditional couple, we abide by this concept that Michael should be the leader of our home and our family. When tough decisions are to be made or I'm worried about how something might work out, I need not fear because I have someone who is leading us well. The respect and love I have for him in this role is beyond. I know we'll only get to experience more of this as we now start our family and have little ones running around our house. (PS, I can hardly contain my excitement to watch him as a daddy!)
3. Going to bed and waking up together. We are one of those nauseating couples who literally fall asleep with our arms around each other or at a minimum, holding hands. Physical touch is a love language for both of us (thank goodness!) and that means going to bed together each night and waking up together is one of our favorite things in the world. Even if one of us isn't as tired as the other, we never cease to crawl into bed at the same time each night.
4. Intimacy... and I don't just mean in a physical sense. No one knows me like Michael. He knows the good and bad parts of me, what makes me laugh or roll my eyes, what annoys me and how to make me feel confident. Having that level of intimacy with someone is something that only comes within the confines of marriage. It's a unique and special bond that we will share for a lifetime.
5. A travel partner for life. My parents instilled the value and love of travel in me from a very young age and since being married, Michael and I have kept up this tradition and started making our own travel goals together. We spent much of this summer on the go, experiencing new cities and countries together. Dreaming about where we'll go next and future family vacations is one of our favorite things to talk about. We can't wait to bring our kiddos along for the ride, too, and want to share the joys of traveling as a family with them. Baby girl already has her first trip planned in January... ;)
I could go on and on about how much I love marriage and what a sweet gift it is in my life, but I'll digress before I make you sick with our puppy love haha! But honestly, the fact that we're going on our fifth anniversary and are still this gah-gah over each other, much like newlyweds, is not something either of us take for granted.
Michael, I am so proud to be your wife and cannot wait to see what the next year of life holds for you and for us. I have a feeling it's going to be the best year yet and I'm ready for a new adventure with you. Happy Birthday! I love you forever.
Enjoy some of my favorite pics from the last year with my favorite guy...