We went to a fun charity event this past weekend and got to dress up, which is always fun, but it got me thinking about the importance of good undergarments! Pardon me if this is TMI, but does it stress anyone else out trying to figure out what to wear UNDER a special occasion dress?! Or just everyday clothes for that matter?!
I'm guessing I'm not the only one, so today I'm sharing some essential undergarments that I think all women need to have in their lineup! ;)
1. T-Shirt/Everyday Bra - I remember the first time I went to Victoria's Secret and got a real bra that actually fit and was comfortable... it made all the difference in the world! Having a few everyday bras that you can wear with pretty much anything is of the utmost importance.
2. Comfortable Strapless Bra - We've all been there... wearing a strapless bra that doesn't quite fit and/or you're constantly tugging at all night to keep from sliding down. It's the worst! Do yourself a favor and just like with a good everyday bra, find yourself a strapless bra that fits you perfectly and stays where it's supposed to all night long!
3. Backless (Adhesive/Sticky) Bra - This comes in handy particularly when talking about special occasion or formal wear. Who doesn't love the look of a backless top or gown? Make sure you find a bra or sticky "petals" that have strong (and reusable) adhesive, so you can wear multiple times!
4. Sports Bra - As a fitness instructor and someone who just generally likes to workout and wears a lot of activewear, finding a good and supportive sports bra is hard! I've had so many throughout the years but I'm finally narrowing in on what brands/styles I like best. Find what works for your body and activity needs!
5. Go-To Bandeau - A good bandeau is a staple for me, especially during the summer months when you're wearing lower cut tops or open arms but don't want to show off too much skin. I often wear a strapless bra underneath one of these for more coverage and support.
6. Shapewear - First and foremost, let's make it clear that there is NO harm and NO foul for wearing shapewear underneath your clothes! I think there's a stigma about women wanting to be secretive about doing so because we fall into the trap of comparison and are sensitive about talking body image, but seriously, all hail Sara Blakely - creator of SPANX! I've tried a few brands of shapewear and I know there are a lot out there now, but I always come back to the original...
7. No-Show Undies - Right behind a droopy strapless bra comes the dreaded VPL (visible panty line)! Say no to it by finding yourself a good couple pairs of seamless underwear. If you're not a thong person, fear not, there are plenty of options out there that offer full coverage and will go unnoticed under a tight dress!
8. Fashion Tape - This has to be one of my favorite fashion tricks of all time. I honestly can't tell you the last time I wore a dress to a wedding or event and didn't use fashion tape in some way. It's the perfect way to finish off your look and make sure everything stays in just the right place for an entire evening!
So what do you think? What are your undergarment hidden secrets, tips, or tricks? I'd love to hear from you down below!