Happy New Year, all! It's January first, which for many people, symbolizes a fresh start. I know it does for me this year. In thinking through last year and all that I want to accomplish this year, I thought I'd share some of my New Year's resolutions with yall.
I used to think New Year's resolutions were kind of tacky and silly, but ever since I started to look at them more as goals for myself, my mindset changed. I think creating attainable and measurable goals is a really great way to keep your self on track throughout the year. The last two years I've create mine within six larger categories: health, relationships, finance, career, education and spiritual.
Here is a sample of what's on my list for the year 2018:
- Get my right splits back (yes, specifically the right side haha)
- Do some form of cardio 2x week
- Weekly date night with my man
- Read two books per month
- Learn a ton more about photography
- Keep up with a gratitude journal (I started this a couple months ago and have loved this daily challenge)
- Complete some sort of bible study or challenge each month
- Make more thoughtful gestures (writing handwritten notes, giving flowers, making a meal for someone, etc)
I also have some financial and blog-centered goals, but those are a bit more personal! :)
So now comes the hard part of actually sticking to it and not falling off the bandwagon, as so many people do when creating New Year's resolutions. One idea Michael told me about was taking time every so often to re-write your goals down, so they stay fresh in your mind. We also both wrote down our 2017 resolutions on index cards last year and stuck them on our bathroom mirror, so we'd literally see them every single day! I think I may try re-writing them, like he suggested, this year as well. Maybe every Monday morning or something?
Who else makes resolutions or goals for the new year? Any tips or advice on how to keep up with them!?
Wishing you all a great 2018! Cheers to a New Year!